March Insanity continues to be 4 months away, however Wednesday supplied a possible style of what’s to come back this spring. With the inaugural ACC/SEC Problem within the ultimate moments Wednesday, Georgia guard Justin Hill knocked down a jumper with 1.5 seconds remaining to not solely give the Bulldogs a 68-66 win, however give the SEC a 7-7 draw within the first version of the occasion.
Seven video games have been performed within the first leg of the occasion Tuesday and the SEC took a 4-3 benefit into the ultimate day earlier than the ACC received 4 of the ultimate seven video games. General, ranked SEC groups went 1-4 and ranked groups from the ACC completed 1-2. UNC and Kentucky have been the lone ranked groups that averted an upset.
The 2 marquee matchups of the occasion did not disappoint. No. 17 UNC made an announcement in a 100-92 win over No. 10 Tennessee at residence in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Arkansas secured a 80-75 upset win over No. 7 Duke in entrance of a rowdy crowd at Bud Walton Area in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
The Razorbacks suffered a handful of losses throughout the Battle 4 Atlantis event final week earlier than delivering their greatest win of the younger season. The victory over Duke marked Eric Musselman’s a centesimal victory on the faculty.
In earlier years, the ACC competed towards the Large Ten within the annual Large Ten/ACC problem. The occasion got here to an finish final season, nevertheless, after the Large Ten signed a brand new profitable media rights deal that didn’t characteristic ESPN. From there, the newly fashioned ACC/SEC Problem has emerged.
Wednesday’s ACC/SEC Problem scores
No. 17 North Carolina 100, No. 10 Tennessee 92: The Tar Heels grew to become the primary group to attain 60 factors in a half towards Tennessee since Feb. 15, 2006 and a whole group effort helped UNC document its greatest win of the younger season. Armando Bacot, Harrison Ingram and RJ Davis every scored over 20 factors and star freshman Elliot Cadeau dished out 10 assists within the win. For Tennessee, star switch ahead Dalton Knecht scored a season-high 37 factors.
Arkansas 80, No. 7 Duke 75: Trevon Brazile scored 19 factors and related on 4-of-7 from past the arc and Khalif Battle added 19 off the bench to assist the Razorbacks pull off one of many greatest wins within the Musselman period. Arkansas was coming off consecutive losses to Memphis and North Carolina earlier than bouncing again in a giant manner regardless of a late push by the Blue Dervils. Duke star huge man Kyle Filipowski recorded a double-double with xx factors and xx rebounds.
Virginia 59, No. 14 Texas A&M 47: The Cavaliers placed on a powerful defensive efficiency to carry the Aggies to 47 factors and used a robust second half to drag away after falling behind late within the ultimate moments of the primary 20 minutes of motion. All 5 Virginia starters scored in double figures, whereas concurrently holding preseason All-American candidate Wade Taylor lV to a season-low 9 factors.
Wake Forest 82, Florida 71: Wake Forest outscored Florida 50-35 within the second half to drag off a house win behind huge performances from Hunter Sallis and Andrew Carr. After going 0-2 towards SEC opponents throughout the first three weeks of the season, the Demon Deacons recorded their greatest win of the season at residence to maneuver to 4-3. Florida’s Riley Kugel recorded his third 20+ level efficiency of the season.
Boston School 80, Vanderbilt 62: Quinten Submit scored 24 factors and Chaudell Harris Jr. added 22 to assist Boston School coast to a blow out win after a dominant first half of play. The Eagles held Vanderbilt to 23 factors by means of the primary 20 minutes of motion and so they have been capable of break a two-game shedding streak after a 4-0 begin to the season.
Florida State 68, Georgia 66: Maybe probably the most thrilling end of the night time occurred in Tallahassee, Florida. Hill knocked down a troublesome jumper to offer the Bulldogs the win. Wednesday marked Georgia’s third sport towards an ACC group and so they maintain a 2-1 document towards the convention.
Auburn 74, Virginia Tech 57: Tigers star huge man Johni Broome had his greatest efficiency of the season within the win over the Hokies. Auburn was in management all through because of 30 factors and 13 rebounds from Broome. The Tigers have been capable of maintain Virginia Tech star guard Sean Pedulla to his worst efficiency of the season.
Tuesday’s ACC/SEC Problem scores
- No. 12 Kentucky 95, No. 8 Miami 73: The Wildcats had probably the most spectacular exhibiting of any group on Day 1. Kentucky outscored Miami 53-36 within the second half to safe an announcement win. 5 Kentucky gamers scored in double figures and Reed Sheppard had a team-high 19 factors off the bench. Star freshman Justin Edwards scored 11 factors on an environment friendly 5-of-7 capturing.
- Syracuse 80, LSU 57: Talking of huge wins, the Orange secured the largest victory of the Adrian Autry period by knocking off the Tigers on the JWA Wi-fi Dome. Star guard Judah Mintz exploded for a season-high 33 factors and added 5 rebounds and 5 assists within the victory.
- Missouri 71, Pitt 64: The Tigers went on the highway and knocked off the Panthers behind 21 factors from Sean East ll. After struggling a devastating residence loss to Jackson State earlier this month, Mizzou seems to be again on observe.
- South Carolina 65, Notre Dame 53: Gamecocks star Meechie Johnson scored a career-high 29 factors within the 65-53 win over the Preventing Irish. South Carolina improved to 6-0 on the season, which is its greatest begin for the reason that 2016-17. After Notre Dame took a two level lead halfway by means of the second half, South Carolina closed the sport on a 27-13 run.
- Georgia Tech 67, No. 21 Mississippi State 59: The Yellow Jackets upset the No. 21 Bulldogs behind a 22-point, 12-rebound outing from Myles Kelly. MSU began the season 6-0 and has been with out potential All-American huge man Tolu Smith on account of damage.
- Ole Miss 72, NC State 52: The Rebels improved to 6-0 within the Chris Beard period with a blowout win over NC State at him in Oxford, Mississippi. Ole Miss ahead Jaemyn Brakefield scored a season-high 25 factors and Allen Flanigan recorded a double-double with 15 factors and 10 rebounds.
- Clemson 85, No. 23 Alabama 77: Within the ultimate matchup on Day 1 of the ACC/SEC Problem, the Tigers went into Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and upset the Crimson Tide. Clemson star huge man PJ Corridor scored 21 factors and added eight rebounds and 4 blocks to maneuver the Tigers to 6-0.