1) Medical Professionals (Doctors & Surgeons)
According to the standard pay scale of medical professionals in India, the average salary of healthcare professionals in India is around 10 LPA in India. Over 25% of medical professionals earn an annual package of 20 LPA. PayScale maintains that the average salary of a General Physician in India is Rs. 6,95,239 LPA and that of a General Surgeon’s salary is Rs. 11,10,412 LPA making it one of the highest-paying jobs in India.
Generally, the specialization stream determines the salary package of medical experts. Alongside traditional specializations such as Dentistry, Optometry, and Pharmacy, domains like Healthcare Administration, Nursing & Medical Assistant, Home Health Aide, etc., have emerged as promising and high-paying healthcare avenues.
Medical professionals have one of the highest-paying jobs in India. The demands of their job and their skills make them exceptionally valuable. Their salary is affected by their place or city of employment. Below we look at the average monthly salary of doctors in some of the major cities in India.
|Location||Salary (per month)|
|New Delhi||INR 84,910|
In India, the healthcare industry comprises both government and private players. Thanks to the rapid technological advancements and owing to the rising incidence of diseases, the demand for affordable and quality healthcare services is increasing. Healthcare offers one of the highest-paid jobs in India. As a result, the industry is also expanding tremendously. Going by the latest stats, the fast incremental growth of the healthcare industry will bring India to the top three healthcare markets by the end of 2022 making it one of the most demanding jobs in India.
Educational Qualification –
In India, an M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery) degree is the entry card for becoming a doctor. Thus, all doctors must have an M.B.B.S degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). While pursuing their postgraduate degree (M.B.B.S), aspirants can choose from specializations like Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), or Master of Surgery (M.S.).
- Quick thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Compassion and willingness to help others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Calm and composed nature.
- Patience and concentration.
- Attention to detail.
The job profile of medical professionals varies according to the specialization stream. For instance, the responsibilities of a general physician are starkly different from that of a surgeon or a psychiatrist. However, there are some general duties of medical professionals such as examining patients, diagnosing their health issues, and treating them. Healthcare consists of some of the best jobs in India. While the specific responsibilities of medical professionals vary, all doctors must perform the following duties:
- To prescribe medicines and administer befitting treatment to patients.
- To assess a patient’s symptoms and diagnose the medical issue
- To take accurate notes of a patient’s health issues and medical complications.
- To offer follow-up care of patients and evaluate the results of medical tests (if any).
- To collaborate with medical assistants, nurses, and other health experts for delivering top-notch treatments.
- To always stay updated with the latest trends and findings in medical technology and research.
How to become a medical professional?
- A candidate must pass class 12th with at least 60% marks in the science stream either with physics, chemistry, and biology (PCB) or physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology (PCMB) specialization, from a recognized board of education.
- To get into a reputed medical institute, all candidates must crack relevant entrance exams such as NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER, and other state-level/institute-level entrance exams.
- To pursue postgraduation (M.D/M.S or M.Sc in Medicine), a candidate must have an M.B.B.S degree from a recognized institution.
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences)
- Columbia Asia
2) Data Scientist
Data Science offers a salary between 4 – 12 lacs to certified experts even if they have limited or no work experience in the function making it one of the highest-paying jobs in India. Data scientists with 5 years of experience get INR 60 – 70 LPA. Salary ranges between the following range –
Average Data Science Salary
- India – 9,50,000
- Mumbai – 11,70,000
- Bangalore – 10,30,000
- Pune – 8,66,000 – making it one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India.
While many careers have been around forever, data science is a relatively new and buzzing option offering lucrative packages. A big reason for taking up Data Science as a career, there is a 40 percent rise in demand approximately for data scientists since January 2019, and more than 300% since 2013.
The role of a data scientist is one of the best jobs in India, bagging opportunities in some of the highest-paying companies in India for the highest-paying jobs in the world in 2023. The reason for this should be clear, considering everything today is data, and expertise in the science of managing that data is precisely what is required.
Educational Qualification –
- Engineers – BE / BTech (without coding experience)
- Graduates (no programming knowledge)
- Ability to work with complex formulas (40%)
- An understanding of consumer psychology (25%)
- Business acumen (25%)
- Skilled at programming languages (10%)
A data scientist helps manage and organize a massive amount of data that an organization collects. He gleans actionable insights from that data to drive business decisions that improve profits and customer relationships. Data Scientists have a strong foundation in computer science, programming, mathematics, statistics, and analytics.
Responsibilities of a Data Scientist
- To identify valuable data sources and automate data collection processes.
- To clean and organize both structured and unstructured data.
- To analyze huge volumes of data to extract meaningful trends and patterns.
- To use data visualization techniques for presenting the findings from large datasets.
- To design predictive models and ML algorithms
How to be a data scientist?
Here is the most common and recommended path:
- Graduates / Engineers can opt for the Executive PG Program in Data Science, an 11-month program that is offered jointly by upGrad and IIIT-B.
- You can also get a Master’s in Data Science while participating in global competitions held on Kaggle and working on your own projects.
Companies Hiring Data Scientists in India – (3300 Jobs on Naukri / 2700 Jobs on Linkedin)
- Amazon – Hyderabad / Bangalore
- Walmart Labs – Bangalore
- People Interactive – Mumbai
- GreyAtom – Mumbai
- Procter & Gamble – Hyderabad
3) Machine Learning Experts
The average Machine learning engineer salary in India is ₹691,892 making it one of the highest paying jobs in India.
Machine learning engineers with less than 1-year experience can earn ₹501,058 per annum. Early-level professionals can expect compensation of ₹698,443. After the machine learning professional gains more experience (10 to 19 years), they earn a whopping ₹1,948,718 per annum.
Bangalore, the silicon valley of India is the best city for machine learning experts which provides 20% more than the country’s average.
Python & Deep learning are the skills known to improve the professionals’ average salary.
Bangalore has the most number of openings followed by Delhi/NCR.
32% of the ML jobs from Naukri provide a salary between 6 to 10 LPA & 22% of the ML jobs offer a salary between 10 to 15 LPA.
Demand for blockchain developers is higher than their availability in India. This highly demanding job requires expertise and skills that are not readily available. As a result, blockchain developers make it to the list of top 10 highest paying jobs in India. Place of employment determines the value of a skillset, and some Indian cities lead the pack in valuing blockchain developers. Here is a list of major cities and their average annual salary for blockchain developers.
|New Delhi||INR 7,07,622|
Machine Learning (ML) is a branch of artificial intelligence (AI) that is now actively incorporated across industries, including IT, BFSI, retail, transportation, healthcare, education, etc. There is no denying that this is one of the best jobs in India. Although the adoption of ML technology is at a nascent stage in India, the AI and ML market is projected to expand substantially in the near future. The latest stats suggest that investment in the Indian AI sector will grow at a CAGR of 33.49% between 2018-2023 making it one of the most demanding jobs in India.
B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Information Technology or Data Science (if possible). Higher degrees, such as postgraduate or doctorate degrees in similar fields are also highly valued in the industry.
- Programming in R / Python
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Excellent data modelling and data architecture skills.
- Proficiency in working with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras.
- Strong written and oral communication translated as the ability to prepare presentations, progress reports, and interactive data visualizations
- Ability to convey complex data into non-technical insights and possible decisions.
Data Science & Machine learning is all the rage right now, and they are some of the highest-paid jobs in India, not only in India but also worldwide. Machine learning is an application of AI wherein the system learns and improves on its own without being programmed. Machine Learning jobs are one of the highest-paid jobs in India. Just like the human brain, YES!!!. Machine learning experts are the professionals who build these self-learning systems.
Responsibilities of ML experts
- To perform statistical analysis
- To fine-tune test results
- To train and retrain ML systems
- To work on new ML experiments and projects
- To design ML programs and algorithms and implement them for suitable business requirements.
How to be a Machine Learning expert?
Engineering Graduates, Software & IT Professionals, and Data Professionals with a minimum of 1-year experience or a degree in Mathematics or Statistics are relevant for these jobs. Professionals with decent knowledge and understanding of Machine Learning may apply for the jobs or can take up a course in ML, that will familiarize them with algorithms, R/ Python, probability, statistics, and basics in data science, and ML. upGrad in collaboration with IIIT-B & LJMU offers an Executive PG Program in Machine Learning & AI from IIIT-B and Master of Science in Machine Learning & AI from LJMU which will help professionals to work as Business Analyst, Product Analyst, Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist.
Companies Hiring Machine Learning Experts in India – (6700 Jobs on Naukri / 6100 Jobs on Linkedin)
- Accenture – Mumbai
- Zycus – Bangalore
- hCapital Business Consulting – Mumbai
- Quantiphi – Mumbai
- IBM – Bangalore
- ITC Infotech – Gurgaon
4) Blockchain Developer
The average salary for Blockchain technology in India is Rs. 8,01,938, making it one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India.
Due to the lack of experienced professionals, organizations offer a handsome payout for the required skills. The excessive & growing demand makes ML experts land one of the highest salary jobs in India as professionals earn up to 45 LPA. Salary ranges between the following range –
- 0 – 3 Lakhs
- 3 – 6 Lakhs
- 6 – 10 Lakhs (27%)
- 10 – 15 Lakhs (23%)
- 15 – 25 Lakhs (25%)
- 25 – 50 Lakh
A significant gap in the demand and supply of blockchain developers impacts the salary of blockchain developers as out of 2 million software developers in India, only 5K professionals possess blockchain skills.
The demand for blockchain developers is higher than their availability in India. This highly demanding job requires expertise and skills that are not yet readily available. Consequently, with the industry booming, blockchain developers make it to the list of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India. Place of employment determines the value of a skillset, and some Indian cities lead the pack in paying more than others. Here is a list of major cities and their average annual salary for blockchain developers.
|New Delhi||INR 7,07,622|
The Indian government is planning to invest heavily in Blockchain technology. In fact, Blockchain tech makes up a core part of the government’s Niti Aayog strategy, along with other frontier technologies like AI, ML, and IoT. In India, investment in Blockchain tech has increased to a whopping 103.4% throughout 2018, standing at US$ 154.8 million. Between 2019-2025, Blockchain investment is further expected to grow at a CAGR of 47.3%, increasing from US$ 289 million (in 2019) to reach US$ 4,348.3 million by 2025.
Educational Qualification –
B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Information Technology. Companies prefer candidates having a few years of prior coding experience in popular languages like Java, JavaScipt, C#, C++, and Python.
- A solid understanding of Blockchain architecture, data structures, and distributed systems.
- Excellent foundational knowledge in Cryptography and decentralized applications (DApps).
- Well-versed in web development and Smart Contract development.
- Good understanding of Blockchain platforms like Ethereum, Hyperledger, Fabric, EOS, etc.
Blockchain is the new revolutionary field and is redefining everything from currency transactions, and internet connectivity, to data security and handling. Blockchain technology cuts out middlemen, reduces costs, and increases speed and reach. It is supposed to usher in greater transparency and traceability. As both private and public sectors warm up to this new, market-changing technology, there will be a considerable lack of specialists. A gaping hole that you can fill. Further, there’s also a continuously growing demand for Blockchain Developers in India.
Blockchain Developers supervise and manage the complete lifecycle of Blockchain applications. They create Smart Contracts, design interactive frontend interfaces of DApps, and build the architecture of Blockchain systems/platforms.
Responsibilities of Blockchain Developers
- To research, design, develop, and test Blockchain apps and systems.
- To evaluate and upgrade applications to keep up with new tools and technologies.
- To maintain and extend the client- and server-side applications.
- To actively participate and be involved in the global Blockchain community.
How to become a Blockchain Developer?
Engineering graduates, IT Professionals, and Data Science Professionals having a strong background in Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics can apply for Blockchain job roles. The best pathway to enter the Blockchain domain from these mainstream educational backgrounds is to take up a Blockchain certification course.
upGrad offers three fantastic Blockchain courses – Executive PG Program in Blockchain from IIITB, Advanced Certification Program in Blockchain from IIITB, and an Executive Program. As mentioned before, a Blockchain aspirant must be well-versed in a variety of Blockchain tools and technologies and they must possess prior coding experience.
5) Full Stack Software Developer
Entry-level full-stack developers (less than one year of experience) can earn ₹375,000 per annum. Full-stack developers with between 1 to 4 years of experience can earn ₹553,000 per annum. Mid-level developers with 5 to 9 years of experience earn ₹1,375,000 per annum making it one of the top 10 highest-paying jobs in India.
A job’s location directly affects the pay package for any working professional. The same goes for Full Stack Software Developers. Their versatility, flexibility, and expertise put them on the list of the highest-paying jobs in India. Here is a list of the cities which pay top packages to this group.
|New Delhi||INR 6,50,000|
The Indian IT/ITeS industry is projected to grow to US$ 350 billion by 2025, creating around 2.5-3 million job opportunities across the country. This only proves that the demand for Software Developers, including Full Stack Developers is only going to skyrocket in the coming years.
Educational Qualification –
Full-Stack Developers must at least have a bachelor’s degree, either B.E. or B.Tech in Computer Science/Information Science/Information Technology. Plus, they must have a solid foundation in computer programming in languages like Java, Python, C, C++, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent understanding of both frontend and backend design.
- Good understanding of best software development practices and processes.
- Knowledge of basic design skills and web architecture.
- Knowledge of HTTP and REST protocols.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for aesthetics
- Able to meet tight deadlines
Full-stack developers are tasked with the job of creating both the front end and the back end of a software/website i.e. they are both web developers and have a fair understanding of database systems. As web developers, they build the website from the ground up and write the code for it. Full-stack development is one of the highest-paid jobs in India. They work with the website’s appearance, CSS, and HTML and align it with the client’s industry, business, and target audience.
Responsibilities of a Full-Stack Developer
- To develop both the front end and back end of website architecture.
- To design user interactions on web pages.
- To create servers and database functionalities.
- To optimize applications for multiple platforms.
- To design APIs
How to be a full-stack developer
Individuals with Bachelor’s in IT or Computer Science can team it up with online courses about full-stack development including the necessary programming languages. upGrad has an updated program for Full-Stack Development – Executive PG Program in Full Stack Development from IIITB. In this internet era, if you are looking for one of the best jobs in India, full-stack development is one. The course will help them understand, how the backend of a website functions, and the design elements that you need to know. Mix these with internships and projects to build and strengthen your portfolio.
6) Product Management
According to LinkedIn, the average salary of Product Managers in India is Rs. 14,40,000 LPA. Freshers with little or no experience in this domain can earn around Rs. 7-8 LPA, whereas experienced professionals can earn anywhere between Rs. 17 – 26 LPA. The higher range of salaries is mostly offered by companies like Amazon, Flipkart, and Ola, to name a few. Here’s a picture of the average salary range offered by companies in India:
Product management is a coveted position in the job market with some of the largest corporations contributing to its demand growth. It is also one of the most demanding jobs in India. The location of employment is a crucial factor contributing to the size of the pay package of this occupational group. Read on to know which cities have the highest average salary packages to offer!
|New Delhi||INR 15,00,000|
India’s industrial canvas is expanding rapidly. From IT/ITeS firms, Data Science/Big Data-based companies, FMCG enterprises, retail, and telecom companies every business nowadays follows a customer-centric approach. Thus, product design, development, and management are fast taking the forefront. Naturally, Product Management has emerged as a crucial role in the Indian industry. In the coming years, the demand for Product Managers in India will double up.
The basic education qualification required for Product Management roles is a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields like Economics/Communications/Marketing/Public Relations/Advertising/Management. Usually, firms require advanced educational degrees for senior-level Product Management job roles.
- Empathy and a keen eye for understanding customer needs
- Collaboration, since the product manager will be working with a variety of divisions
- An eye for aesthetics
- Ability to set deadlines and meet them for prototypes, product manufacture, and delivery
- Excellent oratory and negotiation skills.
In large corporations, product management is a coveted position. The Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, marketing, feature definition, and forecasting of the product or product line among other things. In simpler terms, the product manager is responsible for understanding customer requirements, envisioning the necessary features, and working with the engineering team to build them. If you are looking for jobs with a high salary, consider becoming a product manager, but make sure you have a passion for it. A product manager is one of the highest-paid jobs in India. There are a variety of roles ranging from Associate Product Manager to Chief Product Officer.
Responsibilities of a Product Manager
- To define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- To collect, prioritise, and manage market and customer requirements.
- To develop business cases for new products and enhance existing products.
- Collaborate with engineering, sales, marketing, and support teams to ensure that both business and customer goals are fulfilled.
How to be a Product Manager
More than a professional degree, experience coupled with a specialized course will help you to master this profession. Product managers must have an eye for details and must be well aware of the organizational goals in terms of Product Development. Then you need to see how those goals align with actual customer needs. Product managers must talk to customers regularly and converse with the sales team members who understand the market need. Use the product on a daily basis and get on customer support calls to know the feedback and improve the product accordingly.
For instance, aspirants can opt for upGrad’s Product Management Certification course. This course provides in-depth knowledge on various topics like user design, market research & analytics, product planning, and development.
7) Management Consultant
According to PayScale, the average salary of a Management Consultant in India is Rs. 11,49,770 LPA. Entry-level Management Consultants usually make around Rs. 6 – 7 LPA while those having a few years of industry experience can earn between Rs. 8 – 11 LPA. For experienced Management Consultants, the salary scale ranges from Rs. 18 – 23 LPA making it one of the highest-paying jobs in India.
The image below depicts the salary ranges of Management Consultants in different companies:
Management consultants are integral to the efficient functioning of the organization and, as such, are one of the most demanding jobs in India. The pay for this high-paying job will differ based on employment location. We have listed out the best-paying cities for management consultants in India.
|New Delhi||INR 23,29,542|
In India, the Management Consulting industry is growing at a CAGR of 30%. The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry estimates that the Indian Management Consulting industry will generate Rs. 270 million in revenues by the end of 2020. Approximately, there are over 10,000 consulting firms, with around 6,000 firms established in just four metro cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Kolkata.
Management Consultants must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business-related fields. Although candidates from all fields can get an entry in Management Consulting, some specializations like Finance, Economics, or Accounting, are preferred. Today, Management Consulting certifications are also gaining acceptance and acknowledgment by many companies.
- Knowledge of business, finance, economics, mathematics
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Interpersonal and communication skills – oral and written
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to cope with challenges and pressure
The primary role of management consultants is to help companies solve problems, improve performance, and maximize growth. You’ll be concerned with the strategy, structure, management, and operations of the company.
Responsibilities of a Management Consultant
- To hold meetings with clients to discuss areas of proposed improvements.
- To perform quantitative and qualitative analysis for a proposed solution.
- To present the findings from the analyses before the client.
- To develop and present a plan to implement the recommended changes/solution.
How to become a Management Consultant?
After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Economics/Finance/Accounting/Management or related areas, the best course is to pursue an MBA program or a PGPM course. After that, candidates usually gain work experience and complete Management Certification courses.
Check out upGrad’s MBA from Deakin Business School, PGDM from BIMTECH to fast forward your career.
A Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, management, or related areas is necessary for most organizations. Some even look for an MBA. You can couple these degrees with relevant work experience to strengthen your CV.
- McKinsey & Co.
- Ernst & Young
8) Investment Banker
We have heard so much about this career profile and seen a lot of Hollywood & Bollywood actors play this role. One of the highest paying jobs worldwide, an investment banker helps their client (a bank or a firm) invest their money wisely for the highest possible returns. It has always been one of the best jobs in India, and dealing with money – yours and others – is the stuff of dreams and one of the highest-paying jobs in India.
The average salary of Investment Bankers in India ranges from 4 – 40 LPA, making it one of the top-paid jobs in India. For freshers, the pay scale begins from 10 – 12 LPA. Mid-career & experienced professionals can earn up to 30 LPA and more, as their experience grows. According to Glassdoor, the salary package for Investment Banker in some of the top companies in India is as follows:
Today, investment banking is among the top 10 best-paying jobs in India. Nonetheless, the salary package you can command will directly be affected by the city or place of your employment. Cities with a high cost of living and demand for investment bankers will translate to a higher pay package. Let’s look at the cities offering the highest packages to investment bankers.
|New Delhi||INR 20,00,000|
India boasts of a diverse banking and financial services network that’s continuously expanding, thanks to the rapid growth of existing financial institutions and new players entering the industry. This has been one of the best jobs in India for years now. The investment banking sector in India is also growing steadily. In 2019 (H1CY19) investment banking activities brought in a revenue of US$ 522.9 million, recording an increase of 10.8% over the same period in 2018.
Investment Bankers must at least hold a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Business Administration or related subjects. If they have a master’s degree in any of these specializations, it is even better.
Check out upGrad’s MBA from Deakin Business School or finance-focused MBA from O.P.Jindal University to upskill yourself.
To become an investment banker, you need to
- Be very good with statistics/calculations
- Have strong research and analytical skills since you’ll be making suggestions about potential investments.
- Be on your toes, at all times. After all, in addition to being one of the highest-paying jobs in India, it is also a fast-paced one.
- Have strong verbal, communication, and presentation skills since that is what most of your job will entail – convincing people or firms to invest in certain domains.
Investment Banking is a high-demand career in India. Professionals who specialize in Finance from reputed institutions like IIM select this as a career option. One of the highest paying jobs worldwide, an Investment Banker helps their client (a bank or a firm) invest their money wisely for the highest possible returns. It is one of the highest-paid jobs in India. It has always been one of the best jobs in India, and dealing with money – yours and others – is the stuff of dreams.
Investment Bankers offer a host of financial services proprietary trading, trading securities, assisting in mergers and acquisitions (M&As), and helping their clients raise money in capital markets by issuing debt or selling equity in the companies.
Responsibilities of Investment Bankers
- To develop different types of financial models for debt and equity valuation for mergers, acquisitions, and capital-raising transactions.
- To advise clients on unique investment opportunities and recommend product offerings, private equity transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- To develop relationships with new and existing clients.
How to be an Investment Banker?
Most students opt for an MBA (Finance) and then specialize in IB. However, the best option is to go for an MBA in Digital Banking & Finance. If, instead of a degree, you are looking for a skills-based approach, then in India, one of the best places for learning these skills is The Wall Street School, Delhi offers a course is to make trainees job-ready, and hence, a practical approach is followed. The sessions which are held over 6 weeks feel like corporate training and not a classroom, and they take great pains to ensure that all their students are placed.
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan Chase
- Deutsche Bank
- Axis Capital Ltd.
- ICICI Securities Ltd.
- IDBI Capital
9) Chartered Accountant
Starting from Rs. 6-7 LPA, the salary of a CA can rise up to 30 LPA or more, depending on the expertise and experience making it one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India.
International salaries can go as high as Rs. 75 LPA. Chartered Accountants with experience of 3 – 4 years are paid in the range of 8 to 12 lakhs. Listed below are a few companies that hire CAs and their pay scale:
Being a Chartered Accountant will put you in the top 10 high-paying jobs in India. While as a CA, you will earn a high pay package, being located in some cities will guarantee better pay than in other places. Here is a list of Indian cities with high salary packages for CAs.
|New Delhi||INR 8,68,895|
Chartered Accountants are members of the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India), the only national accounting body in India. As of 2018, the number of CAs in the country stood at about 2.82 lakhs. At present, India faces a huge shortage in this industry. For the 6.8 crore taxpayers in the country, there are only 1.25 lakh full-time practitioners.
However, since the number of taxpayers in India continues to grow every year, the demand for CAs also increases each year. From large corporations to small companies, CAs are hired by a wide range of firms to serve as financial advisors.
Commerce graduates and postgraduates having a minimum of 55% marks and intermediate level passed students of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India can pursue the Intermediate course offered by ICAI. Graduates/postgraduates in other disciplines can also pursue ICAI’s CA course, however, their minimum cut-off percentage is 60%.
- Strong communication skills to convey complex financial aspects to your clients in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Awareness about the industry he/she is working in to be able to clients effectively.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills to be able to work with numbers and make effective decisions based on them.
CAs work in every industry and provide financial expertise for managing money well. They provide accountancy, tax, and audit services to clients and help you to understand things like the GST reform, any change in taxation policies, or salary-related issues.
Responsibilities of a Chartered Accountant
- To maintain accounts and prepare financial statements.
- To implement accounting systems and processes.
- To prepare monthly financial reports.
- To reconcile income statements.
- To perform auditing and taxation services.
How to become a Chartered Accountant?
The CA course is regulated by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), New Delhi. It has 4 important levels:
- Common Proficiency Test
- Integrated Competence Professional Course
- 3 years articleship/ training under a practicing CA
- CA Final
- Standard Chartered
- Ernst & Young
- BDO International
- Grant Thornton International
10) Marketing Manager
According to PayScale, the salary of a Marketing Manager in India is Rs. 7,01,976 LPA. Entry-level professionals generally earn around Rs. 4 – 6 LPA, whereas mid-level professionals with some experience make anywhere between Rs. 10 – 12 LPA. Experienced managers earn higher salaries, nearing around Rs. 15 – 22 LPA making it one of the highest salary jobs in India.
Below is a depiction of the average salaries of Marketing Managers in different companies in India:
Marketing Manager is one of the most demanding jobs today, making it one of the highest-paying jobs in India. The job of a Marketing Manager is valued everywhere, but they are in high demand in certain major cities in India. It ensures they get a very competitive pay package. Here is a list of cities that pay the highest salary packages to Marketing Managers.
|New Delhi||INR 10,22,150|
Marketing is one of the core elements of every business in any industrial sector. Thanks to rapid digitization and technological advancement, the marketing industry is growing by leaps and bounds. For example, India’s Digital Marketing industry will exceed INR 225 billion by the end of 2020, producing over 20 lakh jobs. An increasing number of companies hire Marketing professionals who can add value to the organization.
Marketing Managers must have a bachelor’s degree in Marketing Management or Business Administration. However, candidates specializing in other domains like Accounting/Finance/Business Law/Economics/Statistics can also become Marketing Managers. Anyone who has advanced degrees like a master’s degree or MBA is highly preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic planning and problem-solving skills.
- Team spirit and collaborative attitude.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
Marketing Managers work across all parallels of the industry, including software/IT, automotive, finance, retail, manufacturing, etc. They collaborate with product development teams to design innovative products and solutions that align with company objectives and customer demands.
Responsibilities of a Marketing Manager
- They conduct research, analyze the market demand, set pricing strategies, identify a target audience, and choose the most suitable channels to reach the audience.
- They create brand awareness through appropriate marketing strategies like e-mails, newsletters, contests, celebrity endorsements, etc.
- They choose and implement a host of marketing strategies, tools, and software to accomplish sales goals.
- They monitor, evaluate, and measure the success/failure of different marketing campaigns and strategies.
How to Become a Marketing Manager?
The pathway to becoming a Marketing Manager is by first earning a bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Management or other related fields. The next step is to gain a few years of working experience (entry-level roles) to understand the basic requirements of marketing job roles. Finally, aspirants can get an MBA degree in marketing or management. upGrad offers two top-notch certification courses in this domain – MBA from Deakin Business School, BIMTECH PGDM.
- Tata Motors