1. Become a Freelancer
This is a foolproof ways to make money with your phone. You need a smartphone, a good internet connection, and a skill to sell as a freelancer. A laptop is an added advantage.
You can get writing jobs online, data entry, graphic design, data analytics, web design, software development and just about any kind of job. Sites that pay for such works are Fiverr, Guru.com, Peopleperhour, and so on. A lot of people make money with their smartphones as a freelancer in Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and other African countries.
2. Surfing the web and watching videos online
A number of websites and apps pay money for being on their site watching adverts, short video clips, and so on. Some of these apps are listed below:
- Swagbucks: This is one of the most popular apps where you can make money by shopping, watching videos, and answering paid surveys. In the end, you can redeem your money through PayPal or use of gift cards.
- Fronto: this is another app that allows you to read news articles, product deals, and reviews, as well as watch adverts to earn points. You can also earn bonus points for downloading free apps.
There are smartphone apps that pay you to shop for items already on your shopping list, ranging from groceries, clothes, perfumes, and toiletries. Here are some popular get paid to shop apps:
- Ibotta: Before you go shopping, you complete a few simple tasks on the app, each related to favourite brands or products you usually buy. All you have to do is go to the store, you take a picture of your receipt after making payments and you are credited with a cashback amount. You can cash out via PayPal.
- Shopkick: This app pays you for spending time in certain stores you can shop at. All you do here is to scan barcodes and get points you can redeem for gift cards to use at your favourite stores.
4. Sell Items you don’t need anymore
We all have things we don’t need. You can sell them on various sites online for cash. Take clear pictures of what you need to sell and place them online with the price tag and your phone number. Below are some sites you can sell your items with your phones and make money:
- Jiji: on this app, it helps sellers to meet potential buyers. You will snap your product or whatever you need to sell and place them in various categories already sorted on the app and you put in your price and phone number in order for buyers to contact you. People make money on this app with their phone most especially in Nigeria.
- Poshmark: just like the Jiji app, you take pictures of the clothing you want to sell and immediately post them for sale. Poshmark is also a marketplace where you can buy and sell other things.
- eBay: on eBay, you sign up for an account, post items for sale, and wait for customers to bid. It is very simple, fast and also easy to use.
5. Play Games
For game lovers, you are not left out as there are apps that pay you to test their games and give them feedback. An example of an app that pays to play the game is:
- Qriket: In this app, all you do is spin a wheel to win money. You select colours and spin the wheel. Although, it’s not a great money-making app you are sure to get a very decent amount.
Blockchain technology is making way for metaverse and NFT games. Users pay to earn tokens that they can sell for money.
6. Paid surveys
Another interesting way to make money on your phone is by filling out online surveys. Your thoughts are valuable that companies that are willing to pay money for them. You share your opinions to earn money on survey sites. Examples of such sites and apps are:
- Opinion space: on this site, you will need to create an account with your email then you start getting notifications of new surveys available. You then fill then out and get paid.
- InboxDollars: there are many ways you can make money with InboxDollars, like watch videos, click on adverts, read emails, shop online, surf the internet and also do surveys.
7. Download apps and earn
There are apps that reward you for downloading and keeping them on your phone. Market research companies like to collect data to study trends. It is better to go with only trusted brands with such apps in order not to be scammed. Here is a free app that can help you make money.
8. Virtual assistant
You can work as an assistant to someone who has a lot to do. There are individuals and cooperate organizations in search of virtual assistants and are willing to pay for your service. You don’t need a physical office to do this, from the comfort of your home you can work conveniently. Young Africans are making money as Virtual assistants using their smartphones.
9. Online tutor
If you are knowledgeable and have the skill to impact your knowledge on others, you can start an online tutoring class that people can access and pay for. It can be on an individual or a large class option. You can pick out a particular subject or course you are very confident in and impact the knowledge on other people and as well make a reasonable income.
10. Make YouTube videos
YouTube is a popular platform for content creators to publish videos, grow an audience and make money. You can either make short skits for fun, online tutorial classes on how to make a cake, tie gele, make a simple dress and so on. All you need is a YouTube channel where you can post your videos, get people to subscribe to your channel and keep them engaged. It is a reliable source of making money just with your smartphone.